This past summer I was not tagged once but twice in two days, first by Sarsm at Sarm’s Blog, then by Nancy at Spirit Lights The Way. I couldn’t find the time to play the game then, although I really wanted too. A few days ago, Char at Joy in the Moments played another game of tag and offered other bloggers to play along.
So I’ve decided to take the bait, pick a few questions from each tag game, mix them up and create a new set of tag game questions. Here we go!
1) What is your favorite word in the English language? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. It doesn’t get any better.
2) What is your favorite word in another language?
Nutella. OK, just kidding. Well, kind of.
Mama – music to my ears.
3) What is your most favorite smell?
I’m sorry, I can’t pick just one so I’ll stop at three:
– Apple pie, with lots of cinammon, baking in the oven.
– Lilac blooms.
– My kids’ body scent. I’m afraid it might change once they become teenagers!
4) What is your biggest pet peeve?
Also, dumb people who think they’re smarter than everyone else.
Mean, dumb people are the worst kind.
5) Sushi or Hamburger? Why?
Neither. I don’t eat raw fish and I don’t eat beef.
Chinese food and Italian food are my favorite. And ice cream for dessert. Dairy Queen, anyone?
6) Would you rather drive or ride in a vehicle?
Drive. I like to be in control of the vehicle at all times. Wouldn’t you have guessed? ;-)
7) Would your ideal evening be spent alone or with others?
I love spending the evening with my kids, watching a great movie and reading with them. Otherwise, I love spending any amount of time with a small group of close friends. I have no problem spending the evening by myself either, my only peace and quiet time of the day after the kids go to bed.
8) Are you a Day person or a Night Owl?
– I used to be a night owl in my late teens/early 20s.
– When I starting holding full-time jobs, I became an early morning person, usually up around 5am so I could beat the traffic.
– Now that I work from home and I take care of my kids most of the day, I stay up late to get things done. But that means I don’t get as much sleep as I should because I still have to get up early. Argh…
9) Talk radio or music in the car?
I love good music but when the radio stations decide to play commercials all at the same time, I switch to NPR.
10) Live TV or On Demand?
I don’t have cable TV so live TV is not an option and I don’t miss it one bit. I only watch a few series online, when I can find the time. I’m definitely not enslaved to the idiot box, so don’t ask me any questions about reality shows!
11) Black or brown shoes?
Sneakers, whatever their color is.
Otherwise, it’s black shoes, because they go with everything. I’m not a shoe person and I hate buying shoes. As long as they’re comfortable, I’m sold. I think I have less than a dozen pairs of shoes and half of them are sneakers.
12) Who would you most want to interview on your blog?
– Stephen King, because he’s my favorite writer.
– J.K Rowling, because I’d like to learn more about her as a mom, what it was like to start a writing career in her position, and how she came up with the idea of Harry Potter.
– Nelson Mendela, because he’s my idol when it comes to fortitude and determination.
13) If a movie was made based on your life, what actor/actress would play you?
Several people have told me I look a little like Gwyneth Palthrow. I think she has zero spunk and her face is expressionless most of the time, so I would never approve her casting.
Sandra Bullock doesn’t look like me at all but I think she’d be great at playing me, especially when it comes to the klutziness and the swearing. :-)
Let’s play tag! If you’d like to play along, you can create a new blog post. If you just want to answer a few of these questions, you can also do so in the Comments section below.