Last week, I updated my list of 101 tasks in 1001 days and shared a few of my accomplishments. This week, I’ve decided to make changes to my list so it aligns better with my goals for 2013, since my 101 in 1001 challenge happens to end in January 2014. Several times last year I found myself in limbo and suffered from inertia, as I was waiting for things here and there to happen before making my move. This year, I have a clearer idea of where I want my life to head. Will I get there? I have no clue but I won’t know until I work at it.
I realized that among all the negative, I have a hard time remembering all the good things that happened to us in 2012. So this year, we’re trying something new. I’m not putting this on my 101 in 1001 list but I’m still doing with my boys. We’re using a jar to keep track of the “good things that happened in 2013”. Look, there are already a few things in there!
I believe this will be a great way to focus on the positive and help us recall at the end of the year all the good things that happened to us but we may have forgotten along the way.
Here are the big changes to my 101 in 1001 list…
98) Get one or more massages
I’m deleting this because I don’t care about getting massages and honestly, I don’t want someone to touch my ultra sensitive back and mess something up. So I’m replacing it with something I’ve been thinking of doing for a long time. I want 2013 to be the year of happy and nice and so I’m choosing this BIG challenge:
98) Perform 52 intentional / random acts of kindness (3/52)
I added “intentional” because I might need a little reinforcement and reminder. These can be very simple acts of kindness, or more elaborate. I’ll figure it out as the opportunity arises and I’ll keep tract of them and share my list at the end of the year. Believe it or not, I already have 3 acts of kindness completed. Who knew? By the way, if you’d like to join me on this challenge but you’re not sure what you could do, there are a lot of ideas on the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation website.
86) Get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
I’m changing this to:
86) Go to sleep by 11pm every night.
It doesn’t seem like a drastic change but I need to force myself to be in bed by a specific time rather than focus on the hours of sleep I may be getting.
48) Learn 3 to 5 new words every week and keep a log of them (20/143)
I’ve been working on this goal but not keeping track of it, and I need a task number for something else so I’m deleting it and replacing it with:
48) Post book reviews on both Goodreads and Amazon (0/1)
I’m not sure how to measure this but I’ll mark it complete once it has become a habit for me, at least for the Amazon part since I write review on Goodreads more regularly.
37) Post once a week to my new freelance writing website’s blog (0/143)
I didn’t create this writing site and instead created my photography website, so I’m changing my challenge to dedicate room for it on my weekly schedule:
37) Post three times a week to my new nature photography website (3/168)
35) Send 100 article queries to magazines and publications (0/100)
At this point, I’m more interested in promoting my photos than my writing (I still plan to write this year), so I’m changing this goal to something that will increase exposure to my photos:
35) Participate in the Project 365 – 2013 by posting new photos two to four times a week on my photography Facebook page and the Project 365 – 2013 Facebook page (2/156)
36) Post once a week to my Perfecting Motherhood blog (73/143)
I originally created this task because I wasn’t writing on a regular basis. I found my new groove about a year ago so I’ve decided to replace this task with something else I’m not doing but should be:
36) Post new photos on my Pinterest page 3 times a week (0/168)
39) Post photographs and other art for sale on Zazzle.com and a few other similar websites (0/1)
I’ve realized this goal is too vague and not getting done (I’ve got a lot of those!). I’m replacing it with these 2 goals:
39) Create new products for sale on my Zazzle store twice a week (0/112)
40) Attend a writers’ meeting several times a year (0/10)
For the same reason, I’m replacing it with:
40) Identify up to two other websites to post my photos for sale and post new photos once a week (0/56)
This should be it. Wish me luck! To view my list as it stands now and how much I’ve accomplished so far, go to my 101 in 1001 page. Remember, it’s never too late to join!