– What I’m currently reading
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Oh my gosh, I can’t stop turning the pages. This is the worst book to read before going to bed!
– What they’re currently reading
– Cork & Fuzz by Dori Chaconas. Fuzz the possum and Cork the muskrat become best friends despite their many differences, including their habitat, eating habits and everyday activities. This is actually a whole series of books and my kids like them all. The stories and illustrations are cute and very engaging. Other books in this series we’ve been reading and we like are:
– Cork & Fuzz – The Swimming Lesson (perfect for my kids learning to swim)
– Cork & Fuzz – The Baby Sitters
– Cork & Fuzz – Short & Tall (very, very funny)
– What they recently finished reading
– The Top Job by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel. On Career Day, a young girl tells her class about her father’s exciting job as light bulb changer at the top of the Empire State Building. Believe it or not, it’s a real job and it’s quite a challenge to get all the way up there!
– How To Make An Apple Pie And See The World by Marjorie Priceman. Since the market is closed, a girl travels around the world to gather the ingredients for making an apple pie. A chicken for the egg in France, a cow for the butter in England, a few more stops, and all the way back to Vermont for the apples. Who knew making an apple pie could be such an adventure?
– What I think they’ll read next
I’m not sure. What about you? Any books you or your kids are reading you’d like to share?
If you enjoyed reading this post and would like to receive future postings, please enter your email address and click the Sign Up button at the top right of this page. Thank you for reading!