Before I start this update, let me ask you this. Did you hear about this school principal who challenged his students to read 10,000 books in the school year? He lost his bet and had to dress as Lady Gaga and got to milk a cow. I know you won’t believe me until you see it!
– What they’re currently reading
– Baby Brains, and Baby Brains and RoboMom by Simon James. In Baby Brains, Mr & Mrs Brain’s new baby happens to be very intelligent and gets to do a lot of things reserved for grown-ups. But a space walk far away from Earth reminds everyone that Baby Brains is still just a baby. In Baby Brains and RoboMom, Baby Brains invents RoboMom to do all the household chores and give his tired parents a rest. But RoboMom is overzealous and ends up overheating…
– Dog Tales by Jennifer Rae. This book tells several fairy tales from a dog’s perspective, including “Cindersmelly,” “Jack Russell and the Beanstalk,” and “The Doberman’s New Clothes.” Of course, a dog’s book wouldn’t be complete without wisecracking cats commenting on the stories. Guess who has the last laugh.
– What they recently finished reading
– The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss. Although we enjoy The Cat in the Hat’s DVDs and my kids have learned a few things watching them, I really can’t stand this book. The cat is so obnoxious, making a huge mess and waiting until the last minute to clean things up. You can see the poor kids are really sweating it! “Your mother won’t mind at all if I do.” Yeah, right.
– Sneakers, the Seaside Cat by Margaret Wise Brown. In this book with very lively illustrations (Sneakers looks so real my kids wanted to kiss him), a little cat named Sneakers experiences the sights, sounds, and smells of an ocean beach, just like a young child would.
– What I think they’ll read next
I have no idea! What about you? Any books you or your kids are reading you’d like to share?
If you enjoyed reading this post and would like to receive future postings, please enter your email address and click the Sign Up button at the top right of this page. Thank you for reading!