You like me, you really like me!
I’m always thankful when a fellow blogger enjoys my blog enough to offer me an award. Well, that’s until I realize I have write an acceptance speech and disclose my four-number ATM pin (don’t scroll down and look for it, you won’t find it). On top of that I have to pass the award on to other bloggers who haven’t received the same one already.
I’ll admit it, my favorite part about blog awards is reading the blogger’s response to the required exercise. Since they spend some time doing it, why couldn’t I do the same? Here are the two blog awards I received recently.
The Liebster Blog Award
Thank you, Vivian at Positive Parental Parenting for rewarding me. Let me share five things you may not know about me:
1) My #1 favorite food is Nutella and if I could live off it, I would. I like it on bread, pancakes, waffles, crepes, bananas, and my favorite, by the spoonful. Nutella is to French kids what peanut butter is to American kids. Let me tell you a secret. Nutella wins hands down.
2) I haven’t eaten beef (or pork, or lamb, or other read meats) for almost 25 years and I don’t miss it. I think it’s quite appropriate for someone who likes to blog about cows almost every day.
3) I’ve bitten my nails my whole life. I’ve tried and failed to stop many times. Kristen at Motherese shared her similar struggle but she seems to breaking the habit and offered a few tips. I have to make changes to my 101 in 1001 list and it may be time to put this one on there…
4) I hate spiders. As in, I really, really hate spiders. Nothing you can say will change my mind about those ugly, creepy-crawly creatures, especially when they suddenly appear on my bathroom or bedroom ceiling. I clearly couldn’t convert to Buddhism.
5) I don’t have cable TV and I like it. I unplugged almost three years ago and watch a few shows online instead. None of them are reality TV, and no, I don’t miss a thing.
Passing this award to other bloggers who haven’t already received it is tough, but here are a few blogs I enjoy reading and I encourage you to visit them:
– Sarsm’s Blog – she has my crazy life + 2 more kids (yikes!)
– Smile, kiddo – great thoughts on meditating and enjoying life’s great little moments
– Pseu’s blog – beautiful photos and lovely writings
– jmgoyder – sorry, I missed you in my original post… I really like this blog about peacocks, emus and the ups and downs of life and how a debilitating disease can affect a whole family
The Awsome Blog Content Award (ABC)
Thanks, Carrie at The Write Transition for this award. I encourage you to visit Carrie’s blog if you’re not a fan yet – she’s hilarious, in her own special way.
As a recipient of the ABC award, I’m supposed describe myself using every letter of the alphabet. Instead I thought I’d share my favorite American/English words. Here we go!
Amaze. I love stumbling upon the big and little moments that amaze me.
Brownie. My favorite American dessert (at least until I get to the letter I)
Crickey! (R.I.P. Steve Irwin, my favorite crocodile hunter)
Delicious. Just the sound of it makes me salivate.
Epiphany. We could all use one of these once in a while.
F*&k. Sorry if I offend you but it’s my favorite swear word. There’s no other f*&cking word you can use in any f*&cking sentence and people understand what it f*&cking means.
Gobbledygook. I dare you to say this word with a straight face.
Hug. A short and simple word for something that feels so good.
Ice Cream. My other favorite American dessert. Rocky Road is yummy but anything with brownie pieces (letter B) in there is delicious (letter D).
Joy. As when I watch my kids playing together and laughing. Pure joy.
Kindness. This world would be a much better place with a little more kindness going around.
Life. Life is beautiful, magical and precious. Let’s enjoy the ride.
Mama. I never get tired of hearing it (unless it comes with a whining intonation).
Nincompoop. The funniest sounding insult and I couldn’t use it without giggling, so I don’t.
Oxymoron. A nice word when you don’t want to directly call someone a moron, and instead pretend to just target their words.
Please. One of the most powerful magic words.
Quiet. I wish I had more of it once in a while, but I enjoy every bit I get.
Reading. One of my favorite activities, especially when it’s quiet.
Superfragilisticexpialidocious. I’m a Mary Poppins fan, even though I can’t say the damn word.
Thanks. The other most powerful magic word.
Unique. Everyone, starting early on in school, tries to force us into fitting a set mold. What’s wrong with each of us embracing our uniqueness and making the world more diverse and interesting?
Voila. A French word 99% of Americans actually understand and use properly.
Wonder. Never stop wondering, what if?
Xerox. One of those company names that eventually entered the dictionary as a common name to describe the action of photocopying. Take that, Google!
Yes. One word that tends to open doors of opportunity.
Zigzag. A word that sounds just like what it means.
Here are the bloggers I’m punishing I’m rewarding by offering this award:
– Sarsm’s Blog – yes, I already gave her the Liebster award but she deserves more than one for everything she puts up with every day.
– Motherese – beautiful writings and thoughts on motherhood.
– Positive Parental Parenting – because she does have really good content.