As summer is quickly coming and going, I can’t help but think of all of the wonderful things the season brings. We all remember those summer days, when we didn’t have school for months, went on vacation far away from home, and played outside every day without a care in the world. Our adult lives are usually quite different, having to deal with demanding bosses and even more demanding kids!
So before summer is over, here’s a list for the memories of what summer is all about for me:
- Taking full advantage of the loooong daylight hours
- Waking up when it’s light outside
- Smelling the earth as the morning sun warms it up
- Being barefoot
- Eating outside
- Having picnics
- Playing outside after dinner
- Smelling freshly cut grass
- Reading a book outside
- Smelling the summer flowers – lavender, anyone?
- Savoring ice cream cones, snow cones and popsicles
- Gardening and harvesting the fruits of your labor
- Eating red, juicy tomatoes right off the wine, warmed up by the hot sun!
- Eating summer fruit: nectarines, peaches, grapes, berries…
- Making fruit salad, yummy, yummy! Sorry, too much Wiggles…
- Eating cold watermelon to cool yourself down. Or cantaloupe, honeydew…
- Eating corn on the cob
- Not cooking
- Vegging out at home in the cool A/C
- Browsing farmer’s markets
- Listening to the chirping crickets through the open windows at night
- Going to the beach and making sandcastles
- Wearing summer hats
- Drinking ice cold Diet Coke with lemon
- Smelling sunscreen on my boy’s cheeks
- Smelling our neighbors’ BBQing
- Sipping lemon iced tea all day long
- Making trips to the pool
- Watching the Fourth of July fireworks
- Having fun at street fairs with bouncy houses and kiddy rides
- Taking a vacation, staycation, long weekends – any break that helps you relax
- Enjoying the cool, evening breeze blowing through the open windows
- Watching pink sunsets
- Trying to catch a glimpse of shooting stars
- Never being cold
- Mosquitoes – gosh, I was trying to keep them off the list, but somehow they buzzed up at the end, argh…
What’s on your list of summer loves?
If you enjoyed reading this post and would like to receive future postings, please enter your email address and click the Sign Up button at the top right of this page. Thank you for reading!